How to set up WhatsApp on a computer via the web
WhatsApp can be used on a computer via a web browser by following the following steps:
- Open a web browser and go to the following link: https://web.whatsapp.com .
- Open the WhatsApp application on the phone, then click on the menu option, then (WhatsApp Web) to launch the QR code reader.
- Point the phone’s camera at the QR code shown on the computer screen.
Once WhatsApp reads the QR code, the computer will be connected to WhatsApp on the mobile.
Also read: How to Hide WhatsApp Last Seen Time
How to download WhatsApp to a computer
WhatsApp can be used directly from the application available on the desktop without having to open the web browser, and to install WhatsApp on your computer, it is necessary to first go to the download web page via the following link: https://www.whatsapp.com/download, then download it from (Microsoft Store), or from the (Apple App Store), bearing in mind that WhatsApp can only be installed on Windows 8.1 and later devices, Mac OSX 10.9 and later devices, as for the rest of the devices, WhatsApp can only be used via the web, and the installation process is completed By: Social Media Tips and Tricks
Also read: How to Download WhatsApp on the iPad
Install WhatsApp on Windows 8.1+
- Open your computer browser and go to the WhatsApp download page via the following link: https://www.whatsapp.com/download , and download a file (.exe file).
- Wait for the file to download and open WhatsApp.exe, in order to install WhatsApp on your computer.
- Wait for the installation to complete and launch WhatsApp on the computer, then scan the QR code, to log in to your WhatsApp account .
Install WhatsApp on Mac OSX 10.9+
- Open the computer browser and go to the WhatsApp download page via the following link: https://www.whatsapp.com/download , and download the zip file.
- Wait for the download to finish and open the account file in order to run the WhatsApp application.
- Add the WhatsApp application to the Applications folder or the desktop base, if desired.
- Wait for the installation to finish , launch WhatsApp on your computer, then scan the QR code to log in.
Also read: How can I Change the email on Facebook
Scan the QR code through Android and iOS
- Go to the Chats screen, then the Menu, then WhatsApp Web.
- IPhone 8.1 and later: Go to Settings, then WhatsApp Web.
- Windows 8.1 and later: go to the Chats screen, then the Menu, then (WhatsApp Web).
Lock WhatsApp on your computer
If you log in to WhatsApp via a computer, anyone will be able to log in to WhatsApp and watch the conversations as long as he has the right to access this computer, and this will not pose any problem in the event that the computer is protected with a password. WhatsApp Web, once you have finished using it, by clicking on the three dots icon, then on Log out.