Stop or delete some programs
Deleting or stopping the work of little-used programs increases the speed of the computer running on the Windows 10 operating system. For problems such as overheating the device that may lead to its breakdown faster, and these programs are stopped working as follows:
- Open the Start menu, then choose the Privacy option from the Settings menu.
- Choose the Background apps option from the list that appears on the left of the screen.
- Specify any program to stop its work in the background by changing the button adjacent to the program name from Activate (On) to (Off).
Unused or unnecessary programs can also be deleted by following these steps:
- Open the Control Panel from the search option located at the bottom left of the screen, then choose the Program and Features option.
- Select the program to be deleted, then choose Uninstall/Change.
- Follow the instructions that will appear on the screen within the dialog box to finish the process of uninstalling the program.
Also Read:How do Computer screen video recording
Improve startup speed
You can speed up the startup of Windows 10 by following these steps:
- Step:1 Open Control Panel from the search option located at the bottom left of the screen.
- Step:2 Choose the Hardware and Sound icon from the window that will appear.
- Step:3 Click on the option to change what the power buttons do under the Power Options option.
- Step:4 Unlock the settings by clicking on the “Change settings that are currently unavailable” option located at the top of the screen.
- Step:5 Check the box next to Turn on fast startup Recommended.
- Step:6 Click on the Save changes button at the bottom of the screen.
Other ways to speed up your Windows 10 computer
The speed of the Windows 10 device is improved by following these steps:
- Step:1 Avoid using programs that require a large amount of memory or a high percentage of the computer’s processor, for example: Adobe Acrobat program requires more space and a percentage of the computer processor than Foxit Reader, so it is recommended to use Foxit Reader if the use of Foxit Reader is not possible. Adobe Acrobat is required.
- Step:2 Minimize the use of extensions and add-ons with browsers and delete them if their presence is not necessary.
- Step:3 Use Cleanup the Disks or Defragment the Storage Drives.
- Step:4 Use the best performance mode by selecting System and Security from the control panel, then choosing the High performance option from the Power Options.
- Step:5 Cancel the search indexing feature, and this is done by pressing the right mouse button on the icon of this PC, then choosing the “Manage” option, then choosing the “Services” option from the Services and Applications list, then selecting an option Windows Search, then a Manual or Disabled option is selected next to the Startup type option.