Health Benefits of Oats: Oats or safflower, a herbal plant belonging to the grassy family, and is considered one of the types of cereals used in human and animal nutrition, and its products are considered one of the most healthy foods rich in vitamins, fiber, and various minerals. Oats are used in the manufacture of children’s food due to their value It enhances the body’s immunity and treats many health problems,
Oats provide many health benefits to the body, and we mention the most important of these benefits:
- 0.1 Rich in antioxidants
- 0.2 It contains fiber
- 0.3 Help reduce cholesterol levels in the blood
- 0.4 Regulating blood sugar levels
- 0.5 Helping lose weight
- 0.6 Skin care
- 0.7 Help relieve constipation
- 0.8 May be beneficial for athletes
- 0.9 Reducing the risk of colon and rectal cancer
- 1 Nutritional Value of Oats
- 2 Benefits of Oats with Milk
- 3 How to make oats with milk
- 4 The use of oats in the diet
- 5 Disadvantages of eating oats
Rich in antioxidants
Whole oats are rich in antioxidants and polyphenol compounds, the most important of which is helps reduce blood pressure levels, by increasing the production of nitric oxide, which contributes to the expansion of blood vessels, thus improving blood flow. Avenanthramide has anti-inflammatory and antipruritic effects.
It contains fiber
Oatmeal contains soluble beta-glucan fiber, which forms a thick and gel-like solution in the stomach. It has been found that these fibers provide many health benefits for the body, such as reducing blood sugar levels, increasing the feeling of satiety, and increasing the feeling of satiety. The growth of good bacteria in the digestive system.
Help reduce cholesterol levels in the blood
The beta-glucan fiber in oats reduces the levels of total and harmful cholesterol in the blood, and it protects the low-density lipoprotein from damage. In addition, the fiber in oats helps to increase the secretion of cholesterol from the bile, which reduces cholesterol levels in the blood.
Regulating blood sugar levels
Does oats raise sugar? Are the health benefits of oats for diabetics actually exist? In fact, eating oats improves blood sugar control, especially in people who are overweight and have type 2 diabetes, and it also improves insulin sensitivity, because it contains beta-glucan fibers that delay stomach emptying and glucose absorption.
Helping lose weight
Does oats make you gain weight? A question that many people ask, and in fact, oatmeal is one of the foods that give a feeling of fullness for a long time after eating it because it contains beta-glucan fibers that slow down the process of emptying the stomach from food, thus reducing calories, which in turn helps reduce food intake. Weight and not gain.
Also read: Top Healthiest Foods
It has been popular since ancient times to use ground oats to treat irritated and allergic skin in multiple cases, and it was also found to improve symptoms of eczema.
Help relieve constipation
Oats help relieves severe constipation in the elderly, which reduces their need to use medical laxatives.
May be beneficial for athletes
There have been many rumors about the benefits of oats for athletes, as oats are rich in protein that is important for building muscle, in addition to its previous benefits for losing weight, so it is a suitable option to add to the diet of athletes.
Reducing the risk of colon and rectal cancer
Research involving nearly two million people has confirmed that a diet high in fiber from whole grains such as oats has been associated with a reduced risk of colorectal cancer.
Nutritional Value of Oats
The following table shows the nutrients available in half a cup, or the equivalent of 64 grams of oats:
|food item||Nutritional value|
Benefits of Oats with Milk
Benefits of oats with milk Both milk and oats provide many benefits for human health, but there are no studies that mention the benefits of eating them together, and we mention in the following points the benefits of each.
The benefits of milk Milk contains many vitamins and minerals, and thus provides the body with many health benefits, and here we mention some of them:
- Milk is a good source of complete protein: It is a protein that contains the nine essential amino acids, and its intake has been found to help reduce muscle loss due to aging, and it also contributes to compensating muscle cells that are damaged during exercise.
- Reduces the risk of osteoporosis and fractures: This is due to the fact that milk contains calcium and phosphorous, as these and other elements constitute an important group of nutrients for bone health.
- Eating milk: especially whole milk, helps prevent weight gain . In a study conducted on three-year-old children, it was found that children who consumed the most whole milk were less likely to be obese in childhood, as indicated by another study conducted on a group of women. The women who consumed more whole milk products were less likely to be overweig
How to make oats with milk
- Two cups of oats
- Liter of full fat milk
- Half a cup of sugar
- Two cups of coconut
- A cup of mix dry fruits
How to prepare
- Put the milk and sugar in a large saucepan over a low heat, stirring until it gets hot.
- Add the oats, and stir for four minutes until the grains swell.
- Add the starch, and continue to stir until it becomes thick and the mixture thickens.
- Sprinkle it with raisins and coconut, and put it in the fridge until it cool
The use of oats in the diet
There are many uses for oats in the kitchen, as it can be more delicious and healthy when combined with some foods as main meals or as desserts, and you can learn how oats work for slimming to make diet recipes, and it is preferable to choose whole-grain oats to increase its usefulness, and the following are some Foods that add a good taste to oats and can be prepared with them :
Spices: Like cinnamon, which is a sweet spice that adds a good taste to oats.
The milk: It contains carbohydrates that give a rich taste to oats.
Fruits and nuts: You can add fresh fruits with oats and milk or dried fruits and raw nuts with oats. baked goods Oats can be found in many
Baked goods: such as bread, cakes, and pies, and they can also be added to milk-containing smoothies.
Also read: 10 Ragi Snacks for Your Routine Diet
Disadvantages of eating oats
Among the disadvantages of eating oats are the following:
The effect on the health status of those who suffer from wheat allergy
There are few risks to eating oats, including grain allergies in some people, the most important of which is wheat allergy (Celiac disease), and it is preferable to note a gluten-free group in the nutritional content of the oat product in order to reduce symptoms such as gas and bloating.
Impact on the health status of diabetics Diabetics
should eat oats in moderation because they contain a good amount of carbohydrates, which increase blood sugar levels.
The effect on the health status of patients with gastroparesis
They should avoid oats because they contain a good amount of fiber, and because their stomach muscles stop working temporarily or completely, which leads to indigestion, and this increases the symptoms that make their condition worse.