How to install Windows 7
A computer user can install a new copy of the operating system (Windows 7) by doing a number of steps, and these steps are as follows:
- Step:1 Put the optical disc (DVD) that contains a copy of the system (Windows) in the drive.
- Step:2 Do not do anything until (Windows) completes downloading its files.
- Step:3 Choose the language in which to download the operating system.
- Step:4 Set the time, choose the required input languages for the keyboard.
- Step:5 Click on the (Next) button , then click on the (Install now) button , then wait for the Windows 7 download process to start on the device.
- Step:6 Agree to the Microsoft license terms, and then click the Next button .
- Step:7 Click on the ‘Custom (advanced)’ button that appears on the screen.
- Step:8 Click on the Drive options (advanced) button , in order to delete the partitions that contain the old operating system from the hard drive.
- Step:9 Select a space on the hard disk to download the new copy of Windows, and then click on the (Next) button .
- Step:10 Wait while the final version of Windows is downloaded to your computer.
- Step:11 Reboot the device, by clicking on the (Restart now) button .
- Step:12 Wait while Windows is ready to boot again.
- Step:13 Type a user name for the device and choose a name for the computer , in the fields designated for them that appear on the screen, then click on the Next button .
- Step:14 Choose a password to protect Windows.
- Step:15 Enter the key code for the copy of Windows that the user has installed on the device.
- Step:16 Continue entering some options and settings in the device, such as the date, the clock, and adjust the network settings.
How to change username in (Windows 7)
Changing the user name in (Windows 7) can be done by doing the following steps:
- Step:1 Open the Control Panel of Windows.
- Step:2 Click on the (Add or remove user accounts) option .
- Step:3 Click on the account you want to change the username for.
- Step:4 Click on Change the account name to change the username.
How to find out the version of Windows installed on the computer
You can find out the version of Windows on your computer by doing a number of steps, which are as follows:
- Step:1 Clicking on the Start button (Start) from the keyboard .
- Step:2 Type the word (Computer) in the search box that appears on the screen.
- Step:3 Right-click on the Computer option that appears in the search options.
- Step:4 Click on the “Properties” option , where the version of Windows and the version will appear under the “Windows edition” option .