Access to your health information is certainly your right; it is the reason doctors always encourage their patients to come up with questions regarding their health conditions. The questions might change with the different diseases or conditions, but here are some common queries that you can put in front of your specialist at the time of an online doctor consultation.
Questions regarding symptoms:
- How this disease can affect my personal life?
- How this condition can put an impact on my professional life?
- What are the causes behind this disease?
- Is there a single disease or more number of diseases?
- On what symptoms should I concentrate?
- How serious my condition is?
- Are there any tests that I need to get done?
- What will the test results describe?
- Is it safe to opt for medical tests?
- What are the side-effects of medicines that have been prescribed?
- When and how to eat the medicines?
- If the medicine you prescribed is not available, can I buy a substitute? Which medicine in that case?
Questions regarding treatment:
- What are the options for treatment for my disease?
- How much time the treatment can take?
- How much the treatment will cost?
- What can be the side effects of the particular treatment?
- Will the treatment affect my job schedules?
- How will I get to know if medication is helping me or not?
- What can be the adverse effects of missing a dose of medication?
- Do I need to begin the whole course again if I miss a dose of medication?
- What can be the results of the delay in treatment?
- How this disease can affect my body if I don’t get treatment?
Questions regarding surgery:
- What is the need for surgery?
- Is it essential for me to get the surgery done?
- What are the chances of the success of the operation?
- What will happen to me if I do not opt for surgery?
- How long will the recovery process take?
- Do I have any second option?
- What is going to be the cost of surgery?
- What are your qualifications?
Questions regarding care:
- What precautions can I take?
- Are there any diet changes that you suggest?
- Do I need to make any changes in my lifestyle?
- Can you suggest me any yoga or exercises for treatment?
- Should I increase my water consumption?
- What is the best way to avoid this disease in the future?
- Can this disease come again after treatment?
With the assistance of these questions, you can get to know every minute detail about your disease, treatment, and health care tips. Be confident enough to ask these questions and I am sure you will be versed with all the information. Also, when you are having a video consultation, you should not feel hesitant or shy about any infections or allergies.
Just be friendly with your doctor on virtual consultation and tell everything he or she needs to know and then you are all set to get the best advice. If you have any kind of hesitation in communicating well, then I would recommend you to check the doctors of the MediBuddy App as they offer ease to talk to every patient.
Check the MediBuddy Gold healthcare plans for unlimited doctor consultations for your whole family.