Research has shown that replacing foods that contain high calories with foods that contain less calories, such as fruits, is one of the important ways to lose weight, as an analysis of studies their results showed that an increase in consumption of non-starchy fruits affects weight loss, compared to people who ate small amounts of them. Fruits that may aid weight loss.
Increasing the intake of grapefruit is good for losing weight, but it cannot be relied upon alone for that. and its results showed Eating grapefruit before a meal contributes to losing 1.5 kilograms of weight within 12 weeks, but the mechanism responsible for weight loss when consuming grapefruit is still unknown, but it can be added to the diet to lose weight.
Berries are a low-calorie fruit, as a cup of blueberries contains 42 calories, while a cup of strawberries contains nearly 50 calories in addition to 3 grams of dietary fiber, and eating berries promotes a feeling of fullness, and it may help to Reducing cholesterol levels in the blood, lowering blood pressure, in addition to reducing inflammation in people who are overweight, and it is worth noting that berries contain many vitamins important to the health of the body, such as vitamin C and manganese, and can be eaten fresh or frozen. By adding it to yogurt, breakfast cereal, or with a salad.
Passion fruit is known as Passion fruit, Marquia, or Basflora, and it is a fruit rich in dietary fiber, covering about 98% of the body’s daily need of it, which helps improve intestinal health and reduces the pH, and ammonia in the colon.
Promotes the growth of beneficial bacteria in the intestine, and reduces constipation and flatulence, in addition to that fiber reduces appetite , which reduces insulin levels in the blood, and improves the state of metabolic syndrome, and it is worth noting that dietary fiber reduces the level of cholesterol in the blood.
It reduces the risk of colon and rectal cancer, in addition to the passion fruit contains phenolic compounds known as piceatannol, which reduces irritation of the colon, which leads to inflammation Intestine, The American Heart Association also recommends getting 33.6 grams of fiber for men aged 19 to 30 years, and 28 grams for women of the same age group, as eating this fruit regularly is important for improving organ health. Digestive system, supporting heart health.
Kiwi fruit is a rich source of vitamin C, vitamin E, folate, and dietary fiber, and one study published in the journal Nutrients in 2018, conducted on a group of people with diabetes, showed that eating two kiwifruit pills daily, for a period of 12 weeks, leads to the high proportion of vitamin c in the body, low blood pressure, in addition to the waist circumference reduced by 3.1 centimeters, It is worth mentioning that the kiwi fruit with a low glycemic index, which leads to the release of glucose gradually through the bloodstream, and the content of fiber Diet promotes weight loss, improves gut health, and increases feelings of fullness.
Also Read : How to Lose Weight in Three Days
General Tips to Lose Weight
The normal and healthy weight loss ranges from 0.5 to 1 kilogram per week, as rapid weight loss does not contribute to maintaining this lost weight, in addition to that it leads to a number of health problems, such as: loss of muscle mass, bones, And water, instead of losing fat, so it is necessary to lose weight gradually Among the tips that help in losing weight in a healthy way, we mention the following:
- Eating breakfast daily: skipping breakfast leads to missing essential nutrients, increasing the feeling of hunger, and thus increasing snacking throughout the day, so not eating breakfast does not help in losing weight.
- Eating meals regularly: Organizing meals throughout the day increases the rate of burning calories in the body, and reduces the desire to eat foods rich in fats and sugars.
- Increase the consumption of foods rich in dietary fiber: Eating foods rich in fiber helps to promote the feeling of satiety. Which leads to weight loss. Fruits, vegetables, oats, wholegrain bread, brown rice, pasta, beans, peas and lentils are rich in fiber.
- Use smaller dishes when eating: The use of small plates contributes to getting used to eating less food gradually, without feeling hungry, in addition to it is recommended to eat slowly, and stop before feeling full, as the stomach needs about twenty minutes to send signals of fullness to the brain.
- Drink plenty of water: Many people may mistake the distinction between hunger and thirst , which leads to the consumption of more calories, while the body needs to drink water.
- Eating meals within smaller quantities and portions : It is possible to reduce portions of food intake through the use of standard cups, in addition to the use of dishes and small cups, and it is worth noting that reducing food portions by between 10% and 20% may reduce weight.