Low blood pressure (hypotension) or, in the medical language, low blood pressure is called hypotension. If a person’s blood pressure reading is less than 90 and 60, then he falls in the category of people with low BP. There can be many reasons for low BP such as lack of water in the body, bad drug effects, due to surgery or serious injury, genetic, stress, drugs, bad eating habits, over-starvation etc.
Hypotension also points to heart disease, as blood flow directly depends on the heart’s pumping action. In such a situation, any problem in the artery can cause problems in pumping blood, which does not allow enough blood to reach the body parts.
Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension) Symptoms
- Darkness in front of eyes
- To be tired
- Having trouble concentrating
- Cold hands and feet
- Face white
- Trouble breathing
- Having trouble eating
One needs to be careful about low blood pressure. In this situation, there is no proper supply of blood in the body parts due to which stroke, heart attack and kidney failure can occur. If the BP is too low, the person may become unconscious, causing serious head injury. Cases of brain haemorrhage have also been reported in many such cases.
By taking some precautions, one can avoid low BP status:
- Do not keep the amount of salt in the food too small. Salt plays an important role in maintaining the body’s BP.
- Keep 8 glasses of water or any other type of liquid intake throughout the day, so that the body remains hydrated.
- Avoid jerking from the bottom to the top.
- Take medicine only on the advice of a doctor. If you have a reaction to a drug, it can also mess up BP.
- Avoid taking too much mental or physical stress.
- Do not consume cigarettes and alcohol.
- Include more vegetables and fruits in the food.
Avoid eating high carb foods.
Treatment Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension)
If symptoms of low blood pressure are seen, a better option is to seek the advice of a doctor. Doctors can better determine the status and cause of BP. Accordingly, he advises on how to normalize medicine or BP and how to maintain it. Yoga and exercise also help to maintain blood pressure in the body. However, if you are already a patient of low BP, then before joining any yoga or exercise class, please consult the doctor and expert.