Prior to getting ITIL 4 Certification information for IT enthusiasts, it is vital to comprehend what ITIL is and how its structure works. In the early 1980s CCTA or Central Computer and Telecommunication Agency of U.K. Government established a set of standard practices that were best for IT services which were utilised by their agencies.
Thus, from that focused tiny start, the ITIL was adopted, reconfigured and elaborated into what is now the comprehensive framework to manage all service delivery IT organisations and companies of every size, throughout every market sectors and industries.
Now, IT has gradually become a much critical mechanism of service delivery to companies which completely or partially rely on the complex resources of computing to keep businesses functional and generate money.
ITIL let companies define and workout a documented and repeatable process which helps them in maintaining focus on each big and tiny details that are present in dishing out fresh IT services as well as managing the same services later. CISA certification training learners also tend to adopt ITIL training at some point of their learning.
Five Phases of ITIL
As per ITIL 4 Certification details. The service lifestyle of ITIL consist of five phases or practice areas that support principles, its policies and the related processes in each of the phases;
- Strategy For Service: Focusing on solely the definition of services as a strategic asset, and furthermore maintaining as well as implementing a deliberate and coherent strategy to be used. The principles of service strategy address corporate governance as well as compliance and policies, business process, decision making and corporate culture while ensuring that the overall business is ready for improvement in service.
- Design Of Service: The second phase has business management process assessment such as service availability, service level, service capacity and likewise to first design and then develop fresh service offerings or to improve any existing offerings that may be there.
- Service Transition: The third phase looks after complete transition from development to its production and operations. This would also include testing and appropriate Quality control so nothing goes wrong when the handover is done to the client, or when the service is implemented.
- Operating Service: Fourth phase elaborates hot the services will be managed once they happen to be in use for production. This phase addresses the processes for service operation such as access management, event management, helpdesk support, application lifestyle as well as incident response.
- Improving Service Continuously: The last phase explains fresh requirements related to preceding ITIL phases that are based on feedback on operations and different levels of service. All of it aid in ensuring that the procedures and policies are aptly followed, while the agreements on service level are met, whereas the operational lessons that are learned incorporate into service refinement of present as well as the future.
ITIL framework has been helping the IT industry for the past 4 decades and it will continue to do so. Though, ITIL has nothing to do directly with CISA certification training, but it does help to know both.