QuickBooks is undoubtedly the best account software available on the market for its simple, usable features and ease of handling. It’s especially geared towards small and mid-size business owners. They can take full advantage of their features.
If you’ve been using the QuickBooks tool, you might have come across the QuickBooks error 15106. It is one of the most common issues in the system that occurs due to some small update program problems. That means the update program has been damaged, and you can use this function.
It is the payroll update issue, which can be costly if not resolved immediately.
What are the Reasons Behind QuickBooks Payroll update 15106?
Different users get different messages when they try to open the QuickBooks payroll update wizard. There could be several reasons why they encounter such problems in the system, which are mentioned here.
- Sometimes the spy sweeper program of antivirus installed on the system may cause this issue.
- It is possible that you don’t have proper admin-level rights, which is why you are unable to use this feature right now. If you don’t have admin-level rights. The capability to read/write things to secured files is limited.
But you don’t need to worry about anything, and it is not that big of a deal. You can resolve this issue easily with the help of the solution given here.
Solution for QuickBooks update error 15106
Well, to resolve this error, you should follow the steps listed here:
- First of all, Logged in as an administrator for the update process. So, go ahead and log in as administrator and then try to use the payroll update option. If this does not work for you, you might need to move to the second method of troubleshooting.
- If the issue wasn’t because of the admin issue, then the spy sweeper must have been the reason behind it. It must have blocked the process. Go ahead and open the Task Manager and then search for spy sweeper in the processes tab. And after that, you can try to do these things to resolve the error.
- If you find the spy sweeper in the processes tab, then you must uninstall it from the system. Done from the Uninstall window from the settings.
- If there is no spy sweeper in the processes tab, then you should open the C drive and navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooksxxx\Components. You would be able to reset the update folder of the QuickBooks from there. Locate the doanloadqb folder and then rename it as an old folder. This will surely resolve the issue with your computer.
- If you are still encountering this error even after applying both solutions, then you need to turn off the User Account Control for some time to fix the issue. After that, you can again attempt to follow the same steps, and then the issue will be resolved.
- And lastly, you would need to perform a reinstall of QuickBooks Payroll. First, uninstall the program from the computer and then download the new one. So, this way, you will get the latest version of the program you were trying to update to.
So, this way, you can resolve the QuickBooks payroll update error 15106 without breaking a sweat. If you want to learn more about QuickBooks and a few common errors that occurred in QuickBooks, then you should log on to AcocuntIOD. It is a technical blog related to finance; you will find a lot of useful articles on the blog, which will be useful for you.