Apple Benefits : Apples reduce the risk of heart disease ; This is because it contains soluble fibers which in turn can help lower cholesterol levels in the blood. It also contains polyphenols that have antioxidant effects. One type of polyphenol is flavonoids that may reduce blood pressure, studies have found that eating large amounts of flavonoids is associated with a 20% lower risk of stroke, and flavonoids can help prevent heart disease by lowering blood pressure and acting as antioxidants.
The apple benefits & Nutrients
Apples are a source of the antioxidant quercetin, which can help increase energy and endurance during physical activity. Like other antioxidants, quercetin also contributes to reducing inflammation in the body; Because it fights disease-causing free radicals, when one cup of apples gives 5 milligrams of vitamin C, which acts as an antioxidant to boost immunity, it is also necessary to develop and repair body tissues.
Read Also : 10 Benefits of Apple for the Skin
A source of potassium and vitamin K.
Apples are a source of potassium and it is an essential mineral that helps the body to regulate minerals and other fluids. One cup of apple slices provides 117 milligrams of potassium, and apples also provide 2.4 micrograms of vitamin K per cup, and vitamin K helps blood to clot properly.
Help control diabetes
As we mentioned, apples contain powerful antioxidants, and they contain soluble fiber, which in turn helps to slow down the process of digesting food and reducing the absorption of glucose into the bloodstream, which is good for diabetics and therefore apples is a good snack for diabetics.
Improve health of teeth and gums
Apples contain malic acid which has been scientifically proven effective in teeth whitening, and malic acid is commonly used in many commercial teeth whitening products; Because it dissolves stains on the surface of the teeth, it also helps reduce the risk of tooth decay and gum disease by reducing the levels of bacteria.
Read Also : Health Benefits of Pomegranate Fruits
The nutritional value of apples Each 100 grams of apples contains: 10.39% of sugar, 2.4% of dietary fiber, 13% of carbohydrates, 0.26% protein, 0.17% of the fat.
- Apples provide the body with a high percentage of vitamins, such as: A, B1, B2, B5, B6, B3, B9, C, E and K.
- The body provides a high percentage of essential minerals and salts such as: calcium, magnesium, sodium, phosphorous, manganese, iron, zinc and potassium.
- It brightens skin tone, gives it freshness and vitality, and saves it from spots and pigmentation.
- Effectively moisturizes the skin, protects it from dryness, and delays the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- It protects the skin from harmful sun rays. Promotes hair growth, increases its strength and reduces hair loss; It contains biotin, antioxidants, vitamins, soluble fibers and phenolic compounds.
- It improves blood circulation in the scalp, treats dandruff and scalp infections, moisturizes and protects them from dehydration.
- It protects teeth from decay, strengthens gums, and combats bacteria that cause bad breath in the mouth.
Read Also : Health Benefits of Dried Figs (Anjeer)
- Reduces the level of harmful cholesterol in the blood, and prevents the accumulation of fat, and thus reduces the risk of heart disease, atherosclerosis, and strokes; Because it contains pectin.
- Reduces the risk of cancer; It contains antioxidants that prevent the growth and spread of free radicals in the body.
- It protects the body from obesity, keeps the digestive system healthy, promotes digestion, softens bowel movement, and improves its health. It promotes a feeling of satiety and fullness for long periods, and thus helps in weight loss, and promotes the burning of accumulated fat in the body.
- It promotes insulin secretion from the pancreas, regulates the level of sugar in the blood, and reduces the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Protects against constipation; Because the peel of apples contains pectin, a large proportion of water, and soluble dietary fiber.
- It increases bone density, increases strength, and prevents fractures and osteoporosis. Relieves asthma symptoms; Because it contains a high percentage of phenolic acids.
- The onset of cognitive problems associated with aging delays, protects brain cells from free radicals, improves brain health, and reduces neurological disorders, such as dementia and Alzheimer’s.
Read Also : 7 Amazing Health Benefits of Dragon Fruit
General apple benefits
It reduces cancer.
Reduces high cholesterol in the blood.
Improves the efficiency of the body’s immune system.
It reduces Alzheimer’s disease and thus improves brain health. It treats asthma.
Control blood sugar.
Crushes kidney stones.
Treats Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
It removes toxins, and accumulated fat on the liver.
Maintains healthy eyes.
It reduces excess weight because it contains a low amount of calories.
It treats hemorrhoids.
Read Also : 7 Amazing Health Benefits of Peanut Butter